Tuesday 27 April 2010

Working hard

Mondays.Probably the toughest day of the week.
Especially tough this week because of the four days of revelry prior to this particular Monday, it being my birthday an' all and celebrating with the usual 'drinkys'.
So a new term and new resolutions have really started well; "no drinking mid-week and work really hard at the lab by getting in as early as possible", haven't really sunk in to my psyche just yet. Still I'm not one to throw in the towel at the first hurdle. If I were that way inclined I would have given up pool long ago.
As it happens, tonight us Monday night league players; Me, Jo, Conny, John and Emily played against Ben and co. beating them in the cup match (I think it was a cup match, fuck knows, I just get told to play and play when I'm told). We won. I beat Ben, John beat his opponent and Conny did too, Emily didn't need to play but it was just as well as her opponent, our very own Adam Brown, didn't even turn up... too scared!
We were supposed to have the match at our home pub, The White House, but seeing as our players were already at the Crown House we stayed and played there. I continued to play and play and play and play until I realised that I would hate myself so much the next morning for not going to bed ages ago. And, that's why I'm still writing this blog now. DOH!
Thanks Ash Fletcher for playing against me for hours this evening and letting me beat you a few frames. 10/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment