Monday 12 April 2010

Playing pool for a cinema ticket.

First social practice for the County Girls team.
I turned up 5 mins early and no one was there yet. I wasn't in the best of moods, just feeling the pressure of a new term looming not to mention that I'd just tried to get my head around the excel spread sheet for the Oxford University Women's Pool Team finances that I haven't been doing since I was made treasurer. Anyway, about 10 of us turned up for the social practice and it wasn't long before Nicki came around asking who wanted to join in on a little knock-out tournament for a £1 entry fee.
Eight of us played in the tournament after we'd all had a good hour of knocking balls around practising against each other. I was pulled out of the draw against Carrie, it was unfortunate that she potted the black right near the end of the game before it was due to go down, and then I won the next frame, so our 'best of three' was done before anyone else was finished. I then went into the next round against Katie and won, and then again against Sarah to win the £8 pot. It's a shame we all couldn't play everyone, but we would have been there until midnight. It's just the luck of the draw and the luck of the day, but a nice start for me.
I decided to spend my money at the cinema and see The Blindsight. It was a good film for a Sunday night, setting me up for a long week at work.
Jo and I couldn't decide if there was a match on tomorrow night for the Monday league. No-one has heard form Conny. Is she even back from Dominica yet? Is she too relaxed in her Caribbean styleee?
watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment